Saturday, June 11, 2016

Second Anniversary Message 2016

Two years ago on June 10th 2014, after much hesitation, I wrote my first blog entry. I never would have imagined that two years later I would still be writing in it and that My Burning Heart 4 Jesus has expanded to many other social media venues. If you all don't know, My Burning Heart 4 Jesus is on Google Plus, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr and YouTube. The Lord has been good and faithful by continuing to inspire me to write and drawing people unto Himself via My Burning Heart 4 Jesus. I am honored and humbled at the fact that its been a work of God and I get to be a part of it. If its the Lord's will this blog will continue to be written in until either I die, the government shuts it down or the Lord returns.

I have a couple things that I want to share with you that will edify and encourage you. First, don't be discouraged if you don't have a huge following. Its not about the quantity, but what matters is the quality. Jesus started out with thousands of followers, then hundreds, then 12, then 3 close disciples, then one beloved disciple, and then dying all alone. When I started this blog, I had high hopes of having a big following. To be honest, that never happened. I'm not complaining because the Lord has taught me to be content with what I have because EVERYTHING above nothing comes from Him (James 1:17). That's fine with me because the followers that follow this ministry are quality. There was a time I had about 1000 followers on Facebook and it wasn't it all it was cracked up to be. Like somebody told me once "Id rather go to war with six Navy Seals than 1,000 girl scouts."

A few days before writing this entry, I downloaded this song by J Prince called "Be Still". Its a song based on Psalm 46:10. "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."Oh how I love that verse, so powerful. I was thinking of a way to explain what God means by this. Lets say you go to the dentist for a bad toothache. You get to the dentist office and you sit in the chair and the dentist tells you to open up. As he takes a look you are squirming, panicking, closing your mouth and talking too much, he tells you in a firm voice "Be still!" Why? So that he can do what he has to do to make you  better. Know that he is a dentist and he is the expert and you just need to be still so he can help you. In that same way, we sometimes have to be still and let God help us. Sometimes it means just waiting on Him. We have to cease from our worrying, trying to do things on our own, being impatient, and having no faith in Him. We just need to be still and know that He is God. Kind of reminds of Psalm 23 where it says He makes us lay down in green pastures and He leads us by still waters. Let that marinate for a while.

I was looking up at the night sky. I think about the stars how God made them and knows them all by name and that He put the stars out that very night just for me to behold so I could be in awe of Him. It also makes me think that one day He is going to crack that sky open and return to set things right and take us to be with Him. Even so come, Lord Jesus come! I live in the city and you can not see many stars in the sky. But when you get away from the city and head towards the wide opens spaces of nature, you can see the night sky full of stars. Even in the city, the stars are still amazing and God is worthy of praise. A couple of months ago I went to men's retreat and it was far away from the city. Oh...the sky looked magnificent because it was full of stars. It made me worship God . In that same way, as we withdraw ourselves from the cares of this world, the more we can see God. Also, as we withdraw ourselves and spend time with the Lord in prayer and in the word, the more clearly we behold His beauty see Him working in our lives. God wants us to enjoy the simple things in life. He wants us to enjoy His presence.

Lastly, I wanted to share that I just started a new job with a major retail company in their fraud prevention department. Tell you what, this is the job that I have been dreaming about. I had other jobs that offered higher pay and closer to home. But this is where the Lord wants me and I am blessed because of it. But where I was going with this is I was talking to a co-worker , I don't recall what we were talking about, but he said something intrigued me 'Put your "I" before your "E". Put your intelligence before your emotions.' Then I shared with him that feelings are real but they are not always the truth. He seemed intrigued also by my response. But then the Lord  expanded on this saying. 'Put your "F" before your "U". Put your faith before your understanding.' We have let out emotions be the caboose, our intelligence and understanding follow next and let our faith in the Lord be the locomotive that leads the way. If emotions lead, you are not going anywhere. Neither with your intelligence and understanding. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, and in all your ways acknowledge Him  and He shall direct your paths (Proverbs 3:5-6).

So what is next for My Burning Heart 4 Jesus? I don't know because the Holy Spirit is the one that is leading. My hope and prayer is that whatever I share helps someone out in some way. That someone gets something out of what I write. Even its only a few people. Amen because the Lord drew them in and that word was meant for them and no one else. I am just glad to be a part of His plan and to be used by the Lord. Most importantly, that truth would always be spoken and reverence for God's word. Please continue to lift up this ministry in your prayers. Please keep me in your prayers that the Lord would continue to grant me wisdom, knowledge, understanding and discernment. I love you all and may America bless God!


No comments: