Sunday, August 24, 2014

UPdate: New Job - This is what grace looks like

For a while I have wrestled with the meaning of grace and Gods favor. I didn't know what it was because before I had very little favor with anyone. I saw others excel because somebody favored them and helped them. It felt like it would never be me. It is a lonely feeling. In my life there have been many disappointments. Big deal right? When God is for you, who can stand against you? NO ONE! This is a big humungous deal.
I started a new job on August 6th. A job I thought I wasn't too sure about. I was like " Lord are you sure this is where you want me?" The answer I believe is YES.
I am learning a lot about obedience to the Lord, praying with out ceasing, repenting quicker, and showing people love no matter who they are. A lot of what I learned from the proverbs challenge is manifesting. I hope that others are experiencing the same thing.
The job I have in comparison to my last job which was technical support, is easier. The new job has its challenges but I believe I will have success.  The Lord has  gone before me and made way for me. A small example.  The shift I was put on at first I honestly didn't want. I had to give up my Saturday so I can work. Come to find out working on Saturday can help me to move up in the company. Coincidence? I think not. I asked once to change it and the shift offered was even worse. A few days ago I was offered to change my shift. I declined. My path has been confirmed. It's so weird how things just seem to work out for my favor. It's my Lord's favor on my life. It's wonderful!
More and more He is earning my trust. I have had trust issues with people and especially with God. Problem was, I had no faith. So many let downs. So many times I had been passed up. Always picked last. I thought something was wrong with me. I know there are some of you who deal with this and I am here to tell you that there is nothing wrong with you. You belong to Him and this world hates you for it. The Lord knows this but He will put things in your favor for you. His desires become your desires. Seek the Lord, you will find Him. He is trustworthy. Yes, all of your trust.
Please do not get the wrong idea. Don't come before the Lord just so you can profit from His grace. When you got/get saved you relinquish your will to the Lord. It's the Lord's will you will do from now on. The Lord wills it for me to work and I believe that He has a purpose for me there. HIS purpose. Not mine. He wants His plan to be successful. He desires for my success. So He will put things in the favor of His own. He can also do the opposite. Remember...His will not ours. In the end it always works out for the best.

No comments: