Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Can sinners go to heaven?/Are Christians allowed to judge others?

Can sinners go to heaven? You must be saying to yourself, "what kind of stupid question is that? NO! Of course not!". If sinners could not go into heaven, then heaven would be empty. Stay with me now, I have a point to make and it will make sense in a moment. Forgiven sinners are the ones who go to heaven. Those who obey the commands of God go to heaven. Those who believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and is our Savior, will go to heaven. Those criteria have to be met, or no go. Here is a saying I'd like to get known..."Full submission or no admission". We must fully submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ and everything that it means to submit or there will be no admission into heaven.

Can I get an AMEN?

Some of you might say that I am being too harsh or that we will always be sinners. Well I've read the New Testament and nowhere does it call born again followers of Christ a sinner. Do we have the capability to sin? Yes. But how else do we learn how to war against the devil if we don't fight against our sins, temptations, trials and tribulations? Don't ask God for an easy life. Ask Him to give you the strength to endure it. 1 Corinthians 6:9 "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,  nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God." Gods word says that unforgiven sinners wont inherit heaven UNLESS they repent. 

The flesh must be put to death, Romans 8:13 "For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live." Before I was born again, sexual immorality was a major sin that ruled my life plus all the other sins I was involved in. All of my sins carried the same price as homosexuality, adultery, sodomy, stealing, drunkenness and etc. The price is death. Jesus paid for my sins with His life and blood. THANK YOU JESUS! How can we not be grateful for that?  I had to repent and put my fleshly lusts to death and live by the Spirit. So can a homosexual make it to heaven? Yes. But only after repenting from their sin and putting to death their flesh. The same goes for every other type of sin. Stop doing it, deny your sinful nature, pick up that cross and follow Jesus. 

I didn't use to like to read but I read a lot now. I like to get on social media outlets and read the comments of other people who say they are followers of Jesus Christ. Some of these folks need to read their Bible because they got it all wrong. They twist scripture and bend the Bible to fit their sinful lifestyle. Lets pray for these folks because they are being deceived by the enemy. Now before you go and tell me to "Judge not", the Lord does say that we can judge. We must judge righteously though and do it the way He says to judge. Its called having discernment. I learned how to judge. It was a hard lesson to learn because I had to foul up a bunch of  times before I got it right. But by Gods good grace, I learned how to judge righteously. If you are born again, you are righteous. So if something contradicts what the Lord has commanded, its wrong. Not because we say so but because the Lord God says so.

Lets see what the Lord has to say on the matter. Let me remind you that when God makes sense, make no other sense!  

Matthew 7:18 "A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.

Matthew 15:18 "But the things that come out of a person's mouth come from the heart, and these defile them.

John 7:24 "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.


1 Corinthians 2:15 "But he that is spiritual judges all things..."

1 Corinthians 6:2-3 "Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?

1 Thessalonians 5:21 "By all means use your judgment, and hold on to whatever is good."

The Christian is not to judge hypocritically or self-righteously, but Scripture repeatedly strongly encourages believers to evaluate carefully and choose between good and bad people and things. The Christian is to "test everything" (1 John 4:1).  More and more I see that people who call themselves followers of Christ allow sin to continue to be a part of their life. They are not waging war against it. For example, if there happens to be somebody at your job who say they are Christian, but after inspecting the spiritual fruit you discern that they are not very Christ like. Lets say one of them blasphemies Gods name all the day long. The other has a Scripture out of Matthew displayed on their desk but while you are on break you happen to over hear a conversation they were having with another colleague and they were cursing like a sailor. Or maybe they dont dress modestly.The God, via the Bible, calls those things sin.

I know that what comes out of the mouth flows what is in a persons heart. Blaspheming the name of God, not being modest and cussing ,it is not Christ like. I could understand once in a very long time you just so happen to let a cuss word slip and immediately start asking the Lord for forgiveness and repent. But everyday saying "Jesus!" and "Oh Jesus, Mary and Joseph!" as a way to vent out your anger is wrong. His name is Holy, Holy, Holy. Did you know in the Jewish culture saying something three times means that its perfect. So God is perfect in His Holiness. How dare we use the Lords name in vain.

Also we are commanded to not use foul language. How can we use the same mouth to bless the Lord and then turn around and insult another human being? We are also told to dress modestly so to not make others sin by looking at us and making them lust. I use to curse really bad. I use to use the Lords name in vain many times and when I was younger, I dressed inappropriately. I don't do that anymore because the Lord has washed those sins away and has renewed my mind. He has given me new desires and I dont desire those things any longer. His grace doesn't give me or any follower of Christ a license to sin. Its a license not to sin. Would I judge a person who is not born again like I just did these two believers? No. A sinner is going to sin because they don't have the option not to sin. That is why we share the gospel with nonbelievers. A born again Christian does have the option to not sin because Jesus gave us that option. So use that option because we have been set free from sin. Don't get angry if somebody corrects you. We should always correct fellow saints out of love.

Anyways, I know that I got a bit side tracked but this has been on my heart for a while. Something just fired me up and I had to write about it. Call me critical. Call me judgmental. But that's what God calls use to do. I like to call it the gift of discernment. The Lord was good to me and answered my prayers. With that in mind, call sin what it is. Sin. Don't make excuses or sugar coat it. Repent from sin and wage war against it. Remember that only forgiven sinners go to heaven. Its a free gift, but it will cost you. Imagine your sin is like a back pack full of poop and its all you have. Jesus offers you salvation, eternal life and a relationship with Him in exchange for your worthless bag of poop. Its all you have and you give it to Him. It cost you everything you had but it cost you nothing because what you had was worthless. It cost the Lord His life to give you what He gave you so it wouldn't cost you anything.

Good night and God bless!


No comments: