Saturday, October 13, 2018

Truth is, Christians are lazy sometimes.



I'm going to be honest and possibly offend someone. I apologize ahead of time. We Christians, are lazy sometimes. If anything dealing with church isn't planned out a month in advance, we won't do it. If we don't get a flyer or email about it, we won't go. If it conflicts with our schedule, not going. If it invades our comfort zone, we won't do it. That is sad. I am guilty of this too. But i want to get better. We all should pray to be more available. Pray to be more flexible with our schedules when we can be present. God is always searching for someone to go on His behalf.

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

Imagine if Isaiah said instead "Here I am, but...Lord I am feeling tired and I can't make it." That's how we are sometimes. I say sometimes because I know that there are times we are not lazy and we do what pleases the Lord. We need to become more consistent is what I am trying to say. Pray to be more consistent for the Lord. Even it means staying up a little bit later, drive a little farther, and wait a little bit longer. 


I attached a screenshot of a post I read on Facebook. It's a shame that it is true. 





No comments: