Sunday, March 3, 2019

The Gospel According to (Insert Your Name Here)

Disclaimer: I am not saying that what I write is Biblical canon. Nor am I adding or taking away from the word of God.

The word "gospel" is defined as the teaching and revelation of Jesus Christ. The gospel is also good news. So my gospel, is my story on how Jesus revealed Himself to me and what He has taught me. The good news is that even a wretched sinner like me can be saved by Jesus Christ and so can you.

The gospel is knowing that I didn't have to earn salvation because it was free and given to me as a gift from God. But it cost Jesus His life so that mine could be spared. The good news is that a person who is saved does not have to endure the mighty wrath of God and be separated from Him for eternity.

I was born again in 2013. The prequel to my salvation was...lets just say a huge mess. I found God when literally everything I relied on was taken from me. I was forced to make a decision on the day I was born again. At the fork in the road I had to decide to keep going my way or go down God's way.

Being a follower of Christ has not been easy. I use to foolishly think that Christianity was an easy cake walk. I've done some very difficult things in my life, but being a disciple is nowhere close to easy. Although, there are some good times and those are very good. In the storms is where I grew and matured spiritually. I also began to understand God a bit more and know Him more.

My gospel story is not yet complete. Lord willing, there is still a lot more days that are exciting, nerve racking, supernatural, amazing, joyful, fulfilling and the most difficult. If this is how I must come to know God, then so be it. Its not the most luxurious life, but we are not suppose to be living for the now, but for what is to come.




No comments: