Sunday, May 31, 2020

I wont die blue because I've known you, Jesus

Good morning! Its Pentecost! I took a walk this morning. I went to pray. I was listening to a song and the lyrics meant something totally different but in a God honoring way. I wrote it down. 

If I should die tonight,  though it be far before my time, I wont die blue because I have known You, Jesus. Oh how many eyes have seen their dreams? How many arms have felt their dream? How many hearts have felt their world stand still? Millions never, never never, and millions never will. 

But my eyes have seen the Lord and I have dreamt of this day. My arms have touched my dream whenever I've felt the presence of fhe Lord or embraced a fellow Christian. The Lord literally put the world at a stand still. 

I could die a happy man because I have known the One True Living God and His Son Jesus Christ and indwelled by His Holy Spirit. Conscience clear before Him. I have sought and found the answer to the question "What is the purpose of life on Earth?" The answer is: To find and know Jesus Christ and to be known by Him and be found in Jesus.

No comments: