Tuesday, June 10, 2014

After much hesitation

After much hesitation I finally decided to start a blog. I had been told quite a few times that I should start one. I don't know exactly why anyone would want to know what is going on with me. But its not me people want to know about. They want to know more about how Jesus Christ has transformed my life.
Revelation 12:11 - And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
I have learned that you do not have to have a bunch of bible verses memorized, you don't need a degree from some fancy Christian bible school nor do you have to stand in front of a huge audience to tell people about what Jesus has done for you. Now, I am not saying that that memorizing bible verses, going to Christian college and talking to a large group of people is bad, its just not required.
Religion says DO. Jesus says DONE. Religion says that you have to do all these good deeds and we have to try with in our own power, earn God's love. But Jesus says that He has already done all the work and it is finished! Believe in Him and you will be saved. Saved from what? Saved from God's anger because He is a Holy god and He hates sin. Jesus, the only good man that ever had something bad happen to. He lived a perfect life and yet took all of our sin, shame, disease, and punishment. Today I heard a preacher say something that blew my mind. It blew my mind because this is part of the reason why I talk so much about God, Jesus and heaven. I had never thought of it this way. The preacher's name is Jentezen Franklin. He said "You didn't just win a trip to Hawaii. You just won a trip to New Jerusalem! You are going to a city where there is no pain! No death! No Suffering! No Sickness! No temptations! No sin! No Devil! No Tears! No crying! No burdens! No bills! No depression! No fear! "
 I want to go there and I want other people to come so we can enjoy what our Lord Jesus Christ has made for those who love and believe in Him.
My hope is that people will come to know about Jesus Christ. God is real and I will testify about it all day. I will talk about all the things Jesus has done in my life.  You know what? You can have it too and your experience with Jesus will be unique to you. Something I learned early in my walk with Christ is that its not a marathon for Christ. It is a daily walk with Christ. During the good, the bad and the ugly..Christ is with you. Your life and circumstances may change, but Christs love for you never changes. You can loose everything, including your life but you are promised eternal life with the Creator of everything and live a very good life forever!
Come as you are because you cant change whats wrong with you. Only Jesus can fix what is wrong with you. You do not owe Him anything because this gift of eternal life is FREE. Its a free gift that you do not have to earn. Its given to you because God first loved you and He wants to spend eternity with you. Think about it, the creator of the universe and of all things past, present and future wants to spend the rest of forever with you. Why would God want to spend eternity with a wretch like me? Its simple really. Its because He loves you! He loves us all and does not desire for any of us to go to hell. But we are all given free will to make our own choices. You can chose to follow Him or go down the path that leads to destruction. I am sorry if I have rambled on but the spirit gets to moving in me, I cannot help but type what flows out of me. I hope this blog has blessed somebody. There will be more where this came from! - ND