Sunday, August 31, 2014

I know He catches every one of my tears

James 4:8-10 : Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

Psalms 56:8  You number my wanderings; Put my tears into Your bottle; Are they not in Your book?


I want to share something a close friend of mine told me. He told me that he knows when I am in the presence of God or the Lord is touching my heart, that I begin to weep. I still don't understand why I get so chocked up and weep all the time. Not a day passes that I do not weep once. Ive been told its because the heart of stone I use to have, has been replaced with a soft heart (Ezekiel 36:26). Ive been told its also because my mind is being renewed (Romans 12:2).

To the majority of the world, tears,crying, weeping are all a sign of weakness. Thing is, as followers of Christ, this is not a sign of weakness. We should weep for our own sins. Our eyes should shed tears because for other people's sin. We should weep for other people's afflictions. Tears of gratitude come out when I realize I do not deserve what I have but God gives it to me anyways. God is so good! He doesn't treat us like our sins deserve (Psalms 103:10). Just thinking about it I get a knot in my throat.

  I just thought I would share some thoughts. I apologize if you feel like this entry doesn't have a closing. But I am still wrestling with this. Maybe someone might want to share your experience with weeping? I was advised when I first became a believer to not loose my soft heart. That is not something to be ashamed about.That is my advice to you, my audience. Do not be ashamed of your tears. This world says weeping is for the weak. But we are not of this world (John 15:18-19). Where we come from, it is not a sign of weakness. I still don't quite understand how its not a sign of weakness, but I wont stop asking God to help me understand.





No comments: