Saturday, August 30, 2014

Test the spirits and put on the armor of God

The scriptures say that we are to love God with all your heart, soul and mind. Then we are to love others as we love ourselves (Mat. 12:30-31). We are to love the Lord with everything we have because He first loved us (1 John 4:19). We have been forgiven of many sins and as a result, we love God very much (Luke 7:47). We should want to be obedient because we know this pleases God (1 Samuel 15:22) . We should  want to be a doer of the word, not just a listener (James 1:22).

So what am I getting at with all of this? Because I very much desire to obey my God and because I love myself so much, I love others like I love myself. I desire to know the truth and I want others to know the truth. I dont want to be deceived and I do not desire that others to be deceived. Its one of my greatest fears because this does not please God and I dont want to have to tell Him why I deceived others. 1 Corinthians 1:10-13 states that there should be no divisions amongst us and we should be united by the same mind and judgement. Paul says in  Romans 16:17-18 "I appeal to you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and create obstacles contrary to the doctrine that you have been taught; avoid them." We are told to avoid people who are contrary to the doctrine we have been taught.

Titus 3:9-11 "But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned." I do not believe I am a person who creates division. If there is any division between us is because we do not follow the same doctrine. In 1 John 4:1 it says "Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world." So my challenge to my readers is to test me then. I invite you to test my spirit. Test others too because we are commanded to do so by our heavenly Father.

I ask a special favor of people who follow my my pages on social media to please test my spirit because I dont want to lead the people of God down the wrong path. Please pray for me that I do not be deceived nor deceive others. Please ask the Lord to give me wisdom, knowledge and understanding concerning what He wants His sheep to be fed. I pray for all of you that you are not deceived and that I do not lead you astray. I pray that the truth sets us all free (John 8:32). We are to put on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:11-13) and we are to fight using the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God (Ephesians 6:17 // Hebrews 4:12-13 ). We should also use the shield of faith to quench the firey darts of the wicked (Ephesians 6:16).


My closing thoughts: I truly try to do my very best to deliver the word in an honest and truthful way. Before I post anything, I pray that the words I have been given are true and in accordance with God's will and word. I want to share my faith and how Jesus has changed my life forever. I want to tell the world that I love Jesus and I am not ashamed to say it (Romans 1:16). I very sincerely believe the word of God and I want to teach from it because 2 Timothy 3:16 says "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,".






No comments: