Friday, October 17, 2014

Foot steps in the sand

1 Corinthians 15:58 - Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Today at work I heard one of the top 10 nicest things I have ever been told. I needed to hear it. I will be honest, today kicked my butt. In a bad way. I was talking to a lady in Los Angeles. She was very nice and talkative. It was a Spanish call. I took her reservation for her trip to her doctors appointment. She talked to me about her ailments, her experiences with the cabs she has rode in while using our service. She was very appreciate it. It was about a 20 minute call. Which is very long time in call center time. Then she said just as we were ending the call, " I have to tell you something. There is a God who will repay for what you are doing right now." When I heard that I got chocked up. I could tears instantly welt up. My voice cracked a bit as I tried to reply. 

Later I needed a little time to regain my composure. I called my wife and talked to her for a little bit. Then I prayed. I had hit rock bottom. I was desperate for Jesus. I asked that He loved me, that would He help me get through the rest of the day. He did just that. Its like I became a machine and started pumping out calls, getting people home, taking reservations, sending out faxes. It was great to see Jesus pick me up. It kind of reminds me of the famous poem/song "Footsteps in the Sand". Takes me back when I was a kid when I was about 12. I had been going to a bible study at the martial arts school I was going to. Every last Friday of the month. We would have a potluck after wards. But I remember that "Footsteps in the Sand" song. One of the instructors fiance would sing it and she had such a nice voice. I remember also would always have a smile when he heard that woman sing that song. See, He even gave me a fond memory to help keep me going. Jesus is GREAT!!

I just want to tell you that you don't have to do life on your own. Jesus wants to help. You know, I wouldn't be talking all this "Christina talk" if it wasn't for real. Like many, I back slid away from the Lord when I became a teen. I spent most of my 20's and the beginning of my 30s with out Christ. But the Lord drew me back to Him. Some of you might say that I should have stayed with Jesus. But that wasn't the way He had planned it. I encourage you to run back to Christ. He will accept you. Also, don't be discouraged for your labors. If you dedicate them to the Lord, He will reward you in the next life. Anything we suffer in this life, does not compare to the glory of God the father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit, the Angels, and Heaven. I hope this is encouraging to someone. 

By the way, its the night before battle (Ephesians 6:12). This weekend is the Arab American Festival in downtown Phoenix at Indian Steele Park. Me and some people from other various churches will be attending to reach out the Arab and Muslim community. Preach the gospel and show them the love of Christ. We will also have a photo booth. Please pray that the Lord's will would be done and that the Holy Spirit would come upon us with power. Please pray that the Spirit would speak through us and give us the words that need to be said. Pray for us that we would represent and shine the light of Christ to these people. Thank you and God bless. 






No comments: