Sunday, October 12, 2014

An email from the past me

James 1:1-27 - James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, To the twelve tribes in the Dispersion: Greetings. Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.

Ephesians 4:14-15 - So that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ,

 1 Corinthians 13:11 - When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

1 Corinthians 14:20 - Brothers, do not be children in your thinking. Be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature.

I am so busy and distracted that I forget to check my email. I checked my email today and I got a very unique email. Last year I found a website http://ohlife.com/timecapsule and I wrote myself an email. The past me wasn't always good for my future self. I remember that I wanted to be good to my future self for once. I wrote this email on October 10, 2013. Check it out.

Dear Me (in the future), Its October 10, 2013, 830pm. A year has passed and think about how your life has changed in this year. Think about all your blessings. Think about all that God has done for you in this year. Praise the Lord if your still alive and reading this. Because he still loves you and His favor is on your life. I hope in this year you have gotten over your foolish fear about talking to people about the Gospel. If you haven't, you have let way too much time pass. Get over it! If you have, if there was a way I could be happy about that right now, I would be happy if you overcame that fear. Tell Jocelyn and Santino you love them and give them a big kiss. I hope you and Erin have gotten married by now or figured out where your relationship is headed. Keep praying. Keep in touch with Christ. Love, Past Me (Nick)

I had completely forgot I wrote this email. But I am glad I did. My life has changed a lot since then. I am married to Erin now. We get along better. We aren't perfect but we are a lot better at forgiving each other now. I dont work doing technical support. I serve sick people and I like doing that. I understand more of what God is trying to tell us in scripture. By the way, if anyone of my readers want to give me a gift, save your money. Because I would much rather you pray for me and ask the Lord to give me more wisdom, knowledge, understanding and discernment. Wisdom is so valuable. This past summer I read through Proverbs while I was out of work. That was a blessing. 

I also was involved with vacation bible school at my church this past June. Last winter, I was invited to take part in the Angel Tree Prison Fellowship program. We got to deliver presents to children on behalf of their parents who are currently in jail. A few weeks after I wrote that email, I helped my brother come to the Lord. I love it when my brother tells me how the Lord is using him and teaching him. I like to encourage him like I had been encouraged by my brothers at church. 

Erin, my wife, got baptized in February and I got to be the one who baptized her. What an honor! Me and Erin dedicated our children Jocelyn and Santino to the Lord. These are just some highlights from this past year. I am not bragging and saying "Look at home good of a Christian I am!!" No no no. Look at how good MY GOD is. He has been faithful to me and kept his promises. He took this broken man, this broken family and has begun to make it something beautiful and serviceable. To serve His glory. 

I really hope what I share encourages somebody to seek Jesus. To not settle to be a lukewarm believer. But to really go after Jesus hard. Share your faith. When times get hard, its time to draw closer to God. Run the race that He has placed out for you so at the end, you can have your great and exceedingly great reward and live for eternity with Jesus. All of our problems are temporary, Jesus is eternal and He has already overcome the world. I read the end of the bible and it says that Jesus wins and the devil and death are destroyed forever. 

Anyways, This email was a reminder to myself. To be happy I am alive and to be glad I was able to read that email one year later. That in that one year, Jesus has been molding me and working on me. Believe in Jesus. Read your bible (or listen to a sermon on podcast or you tube), and pray constantly.  Don't just settle for Sunday service and go the rest of the week with out reading your bible or praying. You are starving your spirit. Just some suggestions. These are things that have helped me out a lot. 

CHALLENGE
Write yourself an email and make it so your receive it in a year. Ask yourself how God has blessed you and remember how much your life has changed.  


 

No comments: