Thursday, October 30, 2014

"Yes" and "Amen"

2 Corinthians 1:20 - "For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God."

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

Philippians 4:19 - And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.

Romans 10:9 - If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

All of God's promises are YES and AMEN through Jesus Christ. In 2 Corinthians 1:20 Paul is speaking to the church in Corinth. This is a promise that all of God's promises and yes and amen. So should our yes be yes and our amen should be amen. We are called to be like Christ, not like other Christians. We dont have to swear an oath. Our word should be good enough, just like God's word is good enough.

You can trust an unknown future to a know God. You can ask any real believer in Jesus Christ if is He is faithful and true and they will reply with a Yes and a testimony. People think we are crazy because they have no faith. I use to be that kind of person. But Jesus has shown me over and over and over and over and over that He is trust worthy.

When I came back to Jesus, I will never forget this, I prayed that He would take me back..and Erin and my kids too. I didn't want to loose them in this life and in the next life too.I am now married to an equally yoked blood washed wife. It cost me a lot to be Erin's husband, but she is worth it. My wife was also worth the price of the blood of the lamb. My kids aren't saved yet but I see the Lord working in them. I see Him drawing them to Himself. Lord willing, they will also be worth the blood of the lamb.

WHY DON'T YOU BELIEVE YET!? If His promises are true and He is faithful, then that means hell and the enemy are real. Eternal suffering and separation from God's goodness forever. But that means if you ask for forgiveness of your sins and get baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit you will be forgiven and given eternal life.

Without any hesitation I boldly say YES that He has come through for me so many times. One billion times plus infinity YES! If you believe you can see Him working in the background. Not literally "see" Him, but you recognize that it was something only God could have made happen. Nothing is be coincidence when it comes to Jesus. He planned this out a long time ago. The bible says that He knew us before we were born.

When I have had those kinds of moments, I dont know how to react because I am over loaded with all kinds of emotions. My eyes are watering, my throat is all chocked up, snot starts coming out of my nose, I feel this need deep inside me and its being satisfied at the same time. But we must walk by faith, not by sight or feeling. Sometimes I dont feel anything but I still thank Him. Me feeling something and not feeling something when I recognize His handy work, doesn't mean it I shouldn't thank Him and praise Him for it. Life is hard. Its even harder without Jesus.

I say all of these things in confidence because after reading my bible and being taught by my sheep dogs (pastors, teachers, brothers) about all of Gods wonderful promises. In the words of Uncle Si, "You can take that to the bank Jack!" I do my part, Jesus handles the rest. When I do my part, God's promises are YES and AMEN because of Jesus. Glory Hallelujah!





No comments: