Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Maintain your life with God in 2015

Jude 1:20-21 - But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.  

As the time ticks closer to the end of 2014 and the beginning of a new year, 2015, I am excited to see what the Lord will do with the church this year. There is an old gospel song that says :

LORD WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING IN THIS SEASON
PLEASE DON'T DO IT WITHOUT ME
DON'T DO IT WITHOUT ME..

I don't want to be left out of what God has planned. We must do our part to upkeep the relationship with God and He will do His. I am praying for God to confirm to me what His plan and purpose for my life. I am trying to decide to stay on Face book or not. Next month I will be working a brand new contract at work and I am excited to see how the Lord will use me there. Are you excited of what the Lord has in store for you?

So how do we maintain the relationship with God? From what I have been taught it is by reading the word of God everyday, fellowship with your brethren, praying without ceasing and obeying God's commandments. God will do the rest. Reading the bible everyday will teach you about who you are in the body of Christ and you will learn what God's will is. Going to church or going to a bible study is a good thing. You come along like minded folks who worship God and you learn together about God. It is where you should learn about loving your brother and sister in Christ. Your church family. Go to church and look around. Those are the people you are going to spend eternity with. Praying is the way you communicate with God. In any relationship there must be communication between the two party's involved. Prayer is a lifestyle not an emergency exit. Don't turn Jesus into your very own glove box Jesus that you only pull out in case of an emergency. Seek the Lord's face everyday and you will find Him. Obeying God's commandments is an expression of love. Think of it this way. When a child obeys his or her parents, they do it because they love their parents and trust them. If you are struggling with this, ask the Lord for help. Dig deep into your bible. It also doesn't hurt to praise God through worship either. If you don't like to worship then heaven isn't for you because what do you we will be doing in eternity? We will be worshiping the Lord. He doesn't care about how you sound. He cares about the status of your heart and that will you be willing to worship Him. Remember, He is worthy of ALL praise. All of it.

Thank you all who have subscribed to my blog and follow it. Please bare with me if sometimes I seem to go off the deep end. There are times I feel beat up but soon after the Lord comes and picks me up. We cant stop. We must keep going so we can get to the end. The finish line is where Jesus is. Our exceedingly great reward and all the other benefits of following Him are at the finish line. By the way, if I do decide to take myself off of Face book, I will continue to write on this blog. I hope that someone will step up and share this blog with their friends and family.

One thing the Lord has taught me is that I should content with what I have. That I don't need to sell t-shirts, pay someone to post my blog on their Face book page to get more people to read the blog, and I don't need a huge audience. I also don't need to raise money because I am dong fine with the free stuff. The Lord entrusted me with a certain amount of people and I will be happy with that because as long as I stay faithful with the small things, I will be entrusted with more later.

I pray for all of you who follow me on Face book, Twitter, Google plus, Instagram and on this blog. I always pray that the truth is spoken because your salvation matters to me. I don't want to steer any of you away from God. But the total opposite. I want to point you and direct you to God. I love you all but Jesus loves you more. May God bless us all with strength to run our race, to have faith to persevere to the end and may we be found doing His will when He returns.

Happy New Year!!!



No comments: