Thursday, August 20, 2015

"What I want ain't here"

I wrote this on 8/19/15. Here it goes, I hope you enjoy it.

"What I want ain't here" By Nick Diaz

Sitting in front of my flat screen feeling like wanting to scream because with every click on my remote and each passing scene, what I want ain't here. So I get up and go to the liquor store because I am hangry and thirsty. I walk by the cashier ans she is flirty with me. I can't make up my mind on which fleshly desire I want to quench firstly, what I want ain't here. Now I'm on a mission because so far nothing seems to satisfy this flesh that my mind can't repress. I must confess this is so heavy that even Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime could not bench press. But I digress...
What I want ain't here, not even close and not even near. But one day it will be here. The sky will crack open and my Lord will appear. The Kingdom of the Lord will make its premier.  No more boredem, no more anger, no more hunger, and no more tears. So what I want ain't here and nothing else will do, not until my Lord comes back. That will be the day all the saints will cheer.

(By the way, "hangry" is slang. Ever been hungry and because of that you are angry? The word for it is hangry .)

No comments: