Sunday, August 23, 2015

No more fantasy football for me

Last night I made a decision to not play fantasy football anymore. I use to like playing it and for the past 4 years was in a league. I wanted out last year but I couldn't and then I surcomb to the temptation of playing again.

Fantasy football is such a time waster and also took time away from time with the Lord and my family.I was in the process of setting up my draft order. Since I won the championship last year and ofcourse I wanted to repeat. I probably spent an hour or more setting up my draft order. My thoughts during that our were selfish and mean. I stopped because it was getting late and I planned to finish today. I was browsing through the league to look at the settings. I was even offered a way where NFL.com, for 20 dollars, they would set up my draft order for me according to the settings of my league so that I have better chances of winning. Oh buddy that was tempting because I wanted to win. But just then I saw "Delete your team".

The Bible says that God always gives us a way of escape from all temptations. I had to make a choice at that very moment. Continue to play fantasy football or deny myself and follow Jesus. I wasted so much time in the last 4 years on this game and I didn't want to play it anymore. Here was my exit. The Lord gave me this exit and I recognized it and took it. I didn't hesitate one bit and it was great. I am free!

Now I will have all this time to spend with God, my family and whatever else the Lord guides me to. I would've missed out on a lot. Fantasy football became an enemy to me because it robbed of my time with the Lord and fed my fleshly desires. I have a desire to put my flesh to death so that Jesus can live through me and if that meant not playing fantasy football, so be it! Fantasy football isnt evil. The Bible says that where your treasures are that is where your heart is(Matthew 6:21). My heart belongs to the Lord and I want to store my treasures in Heaven. I am looking forward to what God has in store  for me because I know He will replace fantasy football with something better and greater.

No comments: