Saturday, August 19, 2017

You have already gained Christ

The Holy Bible says in Philippians 1:21 "To live is Christ, to die is gain." So many believers are so quick to say they would die for Christ. They would allow for their heads to be sawed off, to be burnt alive, to be shot to death and to be lynched all in the name of Jesus. Although that is admirable, it would be much more honorable to live for Christ.

In Galatians 2:20 the word says "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." So if you are alive, you no longer live because Christ lives in you and you have already been crucified with Christ. Since you have already put to death the old sinful nature on the cross, you have already died and you have gained Christ because He lives inside of you!

In God, whose word I praise, In God I have put my trust; I shall not be afraid. What can mere man do to me? (Psalm 56). They can insult me, hit me, cut me up, shoot me, burn me, hang me, whatever...so what? If I die physically, I win Christ, our exceedingly great reward. I get to go home and I will be with the Lord forever. All the pain and suffering of this wretched and cursed world ends. How do I know this? Because God has given us His word and He cannot go back on His word. All of Gods promises are a resounding YES and AMEN through Christ Jesus.

No comments: