Friday, February 8, 2019

I am a messy Christian

I read the following in a devotional I was doing. This is totally who I am and I am sure many others are like this too.

"I’m a messy Christian. That’s the only way I can describe it. Sometimes I feel so hopeless, but other times, I feel the peace of God full force. Yet, he never leaves. My heart may pound and my hands may shake, but my God is strong and he will calm my uneasy soul.My bible has tabs that are tearing my pages, and my highlighter has bled through too many pages too count. My bible notes for bible verses are so tiny and scrunched that it’s barely readable. But they are the notes and verses and books in my bible that have kept me afloat in even my weakest moments. I can barely keep up with my reading plans on my bible app and barely keep up with writing on my blog. Some days I forget to thank God or even think of him during my day. I let the desires of my flesh influence the pureness of my heart that the Lord has made white as snow. I get so prideful that I forget what it’s like to be in the dirt and when I’m in the dirt, I forget what the blessings of God feel like.I can tell you I’m barely someone anyone should look up to. I’m barely making it in this life I have where I’m surrounded by negativity and hatred of one another. But I can tell you this: I am trying. The Lord will always be my captain and I will never think of Him any less. He brings the thoughts to my pen when my mind is just an empty void. He brings creativity to my brush when my imagination has run dry.I’m just a messy Christian and I’m barely making it, but God has made something of me." - Anonymous

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: