Saturday, February 22, 2020

How to hear the voice of God

I was asked recently on Reddit how I can hear the voice of the Lord . It's simple and it starts via the Bible and prayer. I'm not the best to address this, but I'll give it a shot. 

There have been many times while praying and reading the Bible that God has spoken to me. A verse stands out. It will either correct, encourage or teach me. The verse will speak directly to a certain sin, a particular circumstance in my life or I'll receive understanding about the passage. 

Also, I've learned to recognize the still,small voice that is mentioned in1 Kings 19:12. That voice never goes against what God has said in the Bible. I've audibly heard a Bible verse that perfectly fits that particular situation. I've also received words of wisdom to give to people. Also, there have been times God spoke to me directly and I felt great fear and reverence. His voice is irresistible. You cannot say NO to His voice, you just say YES and you do whatever He says.

God's voice is different from my inner voice. I also can hear the enemy talking to me. These voices all have different agendas. My inner voice is all about me, what I want and what I am thinking. 

I've also learned how to recognize the voice of the enemy. The voice of the enemy by any means necessary is trying to make me do anything that isn't Jesus related.  The enemy tries to influence me and make excuses and compromises. The enemy is trying to stop me from praying, reading the Bible and living out what God has commanded. 

The voice of God always points me in the right direction, always tells me the truth and things that are not contrary to the word of God. To hear his voice I'd start by praying for discernment and to learn how to discern between the Lord's voice, your inner voice, and the enemies voice. Jesus said in John 10:27 that His sheep hear His voice, He knows them, and they follow Him. In verse 28 is a wonderful promise as well. But I'll let you read it for yourself. 


No comments: